ECG TREADMILL TEST - £380 - HARLEY STREET
An Exercise Treadmill Test, also called Exercise ECG or Stress Test, is a test during which the electrical activity of your heart is recorded through an electrocardiogram whilst you walk on a treadmill machine. The goal of this test is to objectively assess how well your heart functions during increased activity. The test will be conducted by a cardiac specialist who will attach special sensors called electrodes to your chest. Your heart rate and blood pressure will be monitored throughout the test. You will also be monitored for any symptoms such as chest pain/tightness or dizziness. The Exercise Treadmill Test usually goes on for a maximum of 15 minutes and the average duration someone will walk for is around 9 minutes. This test is recommended for:
- Diagnosing Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Diagnosing heart rhythm problems (arrhythmias)
- Checking the effectiveness of procedures done to improve coronary artery circulation in patients with CAD
- Predicting the risk of dangerous heart conditions such as a heart attack
- Determining a safe level of exercise
Your results will be given to you on the day of your appointment. More tests such as the CT Coronary Angiogram or the Cardiac MRI Perfusion test may be recommended by the doctor for further assessment depending on the results. Our Price: £380 Do you have any questions or would like to book an appointment? Call us on 0207 580 3145 or click here to book online.