A CT Coronary Angiogram (CTCA) is an imaging test that looks at the arteries that supply your heart with blood. Unlike traditional coronary angiograms, CT Coronary Angiograms in Harley Street don’t use a catheter threaded through your blood vessels to your heart.
What happens during a Coronary Angiogram in Harley Street?
– You will be taken to the procedure room and asked to put on on a hospital gown
– You will lie on a CT scanning bed that slides under the CT machine
– You will be connected to a heart rate monitor which will watch your heart rate and rhythm
– The X-ray dye will be injected in the cannula
– You will be asked to hold your breath for around 10 seconds and lie still each time an image is taken
– The whole appointment takes an hour on average
What happens after a CT Coronary Angiogram?
As soon as the scan is finished, you will be taken to a recovery area, and doctors will observe you to ensure you’re recovering well. The cannula will be removed from your arm, and you can go home. Our team will arrange a follow-up appointment with you to discuss the results of your scan.
There is no need to obtain a referral before booking your test. You will be seen by one of our consultants on the day of the scan, who will assist you with the necessary preparations.
Our price: £1,080
Questions? Call us now on 0207 580 3145